Welcome to Festival Alta Val Nervia 2019
It is with great pleasure that we reveal the the artists that participate this summer. We are looking forward to once again share with the european audience music played by the very best.
- KATRINE GISLINGE, Danish pianist. She has over the last three decades, established herself as one of Scandinavia’s most significant pianists.
Katrine Gislinge has played solo and chamber music concerts throughout most of Europe and the United States. She has worked with conductors and musicians like Gustavo Dudamel, Kurt Sanderling, Andreas Brantelid and Gidon Kremer, and she is a member of the Danish Pianotrio.
- BJARKE MOGENSEN, accordeon. Once a unique wonderchild that has grown into a whole musician that tours and is acknowledged all over the world. At the age of 13 he made his debut as a soloist in a German TV broadcast with the Munich Symphony Orchestra with millions of viewers. Since then an unusual curiosity and search for new sounds and expressions has taken him on musical paths where few other musicians have ventured before as a highly sought-after soloist in the classical music world.
And no festival without a violincello!
- TOKE MØLDRUP – one of the best cellists in Denmark these years. He received Queen Ingrid’s Honorary Award for his achievements on the Danish music scene in 2014. In the 20 years of his career so far, he has performed both across Europe and in the United States, South America, Japan and the Middle East. Toke Møldrup is principal cellist of the Copenhagen Philharmonic and since 2005 a teacher at the Royal Danish Academy of Music
- ELSEBETH DREISIG, soprano, is a frequent and much appreciated guest at the festival. She is a leading soprano in Denmark and in Castelvittorio we will hear her both as a performer and follow her as a teacher for the young group of opera-masterclass singers together with the scottish pianist Charles Kilpatrick.
- JAZZ night at the piazza friday night. This evening you can – among others – meet the Italian “Trio K”.
The festival takes place over 4 intense days and the schedule is the following:
Thursday July 25, at 18.30, Chiesa Santa Catarina in Castelvittorio chamber music concert with Toke Møldrup, Katrine Gislinge and Elsebeth Dreisig.
Friday July 26, at 21.00 jazz night at the piazza XX settembre in Castelvittorio.
Saturday July 27, at 18.30, Chiesa Santa Catarina in Castelvittorio chamber music concert with Toke Møldrup (vcl), Katrine Gislinge (piano) and Bjarke Mogensen (acc.)
Saturday evening at 21.00 the piazza will be transformed into a stage and a group of young operasingers will perform highlights from various operas.
Sunday july 28 at 19.00 the festival has it’s famous Galla-concert at the piazza in Castelvittorio where all the various artists performs. A lot of different music on a string of pearls. And as a new initiative we will offer dining at the piazza before and after the concert.
Magical evenings awaits.
Press here to watch a small 4 -minute video with fotos and small samples of music from the FAN 2017. Enjoy!
And here more photos from the festival all shot by the local photographer Pierluigi Moro
Small videos from last years concerts.Here the Carl Nielsen quintet in Buggio, 2016
From Thursday July 27 through Sunday July 30 musical events took place at various venues.
The entrance to all concerts were free but we invite you to either become a member of the association “Amici della musica e dei sapori dell’alta val Nervia” or simply give us your support. The FAN association will be present at all events.
L’associazione “Amici della musica e dei sapori dell’Alta Val Nervia” in collaborazione con i Comuni di Castelvittorio e Pigna è lieta di annunciare l’organizzazione della terza edizione del FESTIVAL DELL’ALTA VAL NERVIA.
Durante tale manifestazione che si svolgerà negli antichi borghi di Castelvittorio e Pigna da Giovedi 27 a Domenica 30 Luglio 2017 e che vedrà come protagonisti un gruppo di dieci musicisti danesi di fama internazionale sarà possibile riascoltare un ricco repertorio di canti e brani di musica classica e jazz.
Per permettere inoltre ai partecipanti al FESTIVAL di meglio apprezzare le eccellenze gastronomiche locali Domenica Luglio 30 2017 nel vecchio centro storico di Castelvittorio si terrà un “Mercatino” in cui gli ospiti e i visitatori presenti potranno scoprire e degustare tutti i prodotti DOP e DECO dell’Alta Val Nervia come l’Olio extravergine di oliva di montagna , i fagioli bianchi di Pigna etc.
La partecipazione al Festival e ai Concerti musicali è gratuita ma ogni sostegno dato attraverso libere offerte o diventando socio dell’”Associazione Amici della musica e dei sapori dell’Alta val Nervia” saranno più che graditi.
IL PRESIDENTE Pia Scharling