Wellcome to the IX Festival Alta Val Nervia
August 11-15, 2021
For the 9th time, the small village of Castelvittorio in Nervia Valley in Liguria offers a string of classic concerts.
The concerts are the result of a fruitful collaboration between Denmark and Italy.
It is with great pleasure that we present the artists that participate the next summer of 2021 and are looking forward to once again share with all of you wonderful music, played by the very best.
All entrances are free and we only invite you to give donation.
Meet the following 2021-artist:
- BJARKE MOGENSEN, accordeon. Once a unique wonderchild that has grown into a whole musician that tours and is acknowledged all over the world. At the age of 13 he made his debut as a soloist in a German TV broadcast with the Munich Symphony Orchestra with millions of viewers. Since then an unusual curiosity and search for new sounds and expressions has taken him on musical paths where few other musicians have ventured before as a highly sought-after soloist in the classical music world.
- ELISABETH WESTENHOLZ, piano. She has received some of the greatest honors a Danish artist can receive and she is an extremely experienced, diligent and famous pianist, both in Denmark and abroad. She has recorded a large number of records, including all of Beethoven’s piano concerts with Collegium Musicum, several of Mozart’s piano concerts, all of Carl Nielsen’s piano and organ works, and numerous chamber music works.
- KIM BAK DINITZEN, violincello. He is a member of the Chamber Orchestra of Europe, solo cellist in the Royal Danish Orchestra. He debuted in 1986 and has won awards in numerous international cello competitions and played concerts as a soloist and chamber musician throughout most of Europe, the United States, South America and Japan. He has been a soloist with all Danish symphony orchestras and won awards at competitions in New York, Washington and Florence.
- GABRIELLA PACE, soprano. Award-winning Brazilian soprano Gabriella Pace has established herself as one of the most sought after singers in South America. She has been awarded Carlos Gomes Award as Best Female Singer twice, and most recently in 2010 for her performance in Villa-Lobos / A MENINA DAS NUVENS. Gabriella has also performed with a number of distinguished conductors such as Lorin Maazel, Isaac Karabtchevsky, John Neschling, Rodolfo Fischer and Roberto Minczuk.
- ELISABETH HOLMEGAARD NIELSEN, piano. One of the most promising young Danish pianists of her generation. Her performances are characterized by musical intelligence and virtuoso technique. She has been named “The Young Artistic Elite 2020” by the Danish National Art Foundation and has received Sonning Talent Prize and Queen Ingrid’s Roman Foundation.
- VALENTINA REBAUDO, clarinet. Professional clarinetist residing in Switzerland, professor at the Lausanne Conservatory. Member of the Monte-Carlo Soloists since the age of 11, Valentina has already been invited as a soloist by numerous orchestras, including the Sanremo Symphony Orchestra and several chamber orchestras on the French Riviera. She also collaborates regularly with the Lausanne Chamber Orchestra, the Munich Münchener Kammerorchester, the Monte-Carlo Soloists, and is a member of the Lausanne Symphony Orchestra.
Johan Bridger, marimba. The percussionist and marimba artist Johan Bridger as he received the 2004 Swedish Soloist’s Prize. In the same year he managed to win 1st prize in the Belgium International Marimba Duo Competition and make a grandiose debut at both the Wigmore Hall in London and PASIC in the US. Since then Bridger has given numerous critically praised performances, both nationwide and internationally; throughout Europe, in Russia, Japan and the US.
Bridger has performed at major venues, such as La Biennale di Venezia, Mariinsky Theatre and Carnegie Hall and collaborated with internationally acclaimed artists.
Joel Gonzales, double bass. Few double bass players like Joel Gonzalez manage to get the big instrument on its toes, and his playing is imbued with elegance, melodic charm and agility. It is musical qualities that have made him in great demand – also as a soloist and chamber musician alongside his work in the DR Symphony Orchestra, “read the motivation to give Joel Gonzalez one of the Friends’ Association awards. Here, the double bassist was also called “a team player right into the heart” with warm and deep respect for the colleagues he works with. Started as a 14-year-old Joel Gonzalez was born on the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, where after a few years as a guitarist and electric bassist began playing double bass as a 14-year-old. He then studied in Xalapa in Mexico, in Berlin and in Copenhagen, and in 2002 – while still studying, he played for a place in the DR Symphony Orchestra, where since 2014 he has had the title of 1st solo double bassist. Along the way, he has also won several awards and won several international competitions.
Since graduating from the Royal Academy of Music in Copenhagen with reviews that named her “the voice of possibilities”, “a natural interpreter”, and “an intimate vocal-seducer”, Danish lyric/dramatic soprano Signe Asmussen. (b. 1970) has been a preferred soloist with all of the national orchestras, ensembles and choirs.
With an annual average of around 90-110 concerts and performances, she has long confirmed her reputation as one of the most sought-after, versatile singers of her generation, always promoting one of her favourite disciplines: The intimate recital, which brings her in close contact with her audience, and with focus on the extended lied-repertoire from all around the world.
Mathias Heise is one of the world’s leading harmonica players. He was born in 1993 in Rødovre, just outside Copenhagen, Denmark. He started playing harmonica at the age of seven, and a few years later he also took up piano and keyboards.
He attended the Rhythmic Music Conservatory in Copenhagen for a year, being the first student with the harmonica as his main instrument.At the age of 20, Mathias Heise won the 2013 Chromatic Harmonica World Championship.
In 2015, he was awarded ‘New Jazz Star of The Year’ in Denmark. The same year his band Mathias Heise Quadrillion was nominated ‘Best New Jazz Act’ at Danish Music Awards.
In 2016, he received The Danish Crown Prince Couple’s prestigious Stardust Award – an award that is given to honor and highlight young Danish artists about to make an international break-through.
In March 2017, he was awarded the Ben Webster Prize, as the youngest recipient ever.
The festival takes place over 4 intense days and the detailed program can be read somewhere else on this page. The program will be constantly updated.
Press here to watch a small 4 -minute video with fotos and small samples of music from the FAN 2017.
And here more photos from the festival all shot by the local photographer Pierluigi Moro
Small videos from last years concerts.Here the Carl Nielsen quintet in Buggio, 2016
From Thursday July 23th through Sunday July 26th 2020 musical events take place at various venues.
The entrance to all concerts are free but we invite you to give us your support. The FAN association will be present at all events.
L’associazione “Amici della musica e dei sapori dell’Alta Val Nervia” in collaborazione con i Comuni di Castelvittorio e Pigna è lieta di annunciare l’organizzazione della 9. edizione del FESTIVAL DELL’ALTA VAL NERVIA.
Durante tale manifestazione che si svolgerà negli antichi borghi di Castelvittorio e Pigna da Giovedi 23 a Domenica 26 Luglio 2020 e che vedrà come protagonisti un gruppo di dieci musicisti danesi di fama internazionale sarà possibile riascoltare un ricco repertorio di canti e brani di musica classica e jazz.
Per permettere inoltre ai partecipanti al FESTIVAL di meglio apprezzare le eccellenze gastronomiche locali sabato LUGLIO 25 nel vecchio centro storico di Castelvittorio si terrà un “Mercatino” in cui gli ospiti e i visitatori presenti potranno scoprire e degustare tutti i prodotti DOP e DECO dell’Alta Val Nervia come l’Olio extravergine di oliva di montagna , i fagioli bianchi di Pigna etc.
La partecipazione al Festival e ai Concerti musicali è gratuita ma ogni sostegno dato attraverso libere offerte o diventando socio dell’”Associazione Amici della musica e dei sapori dell’Alta val Nervia” saranno più che graditi.
IL PRESIDENTE Pia Scharling